Can you kick up on the wall for a handstand? Can you do a freestanding handstand? Can you handstand walk or handstand push-up? Would you like to improve these skills? This month we want to challenge our Bluegrass athletes to focus on improving skills in the inverted position!
This is how it works:
- Commit to 4 weeks, 3 days per week of 10-15 minutes of extra work!
- Write your name on the whiteboard at either location.
- Choose what group fits your current skill level best.
- Group A: Never kicked up into a handstand or struggles with inverted stability.
- Group B: Can kick-up on wall and freestanding but not consistently and wants to improve.
- Check the blog for extra work every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday!
Bluegrass athletes: Let’s get to work!
1a) 4×6 freestanding scorpion kicks to 3-5 second handstand hold (if necessary use heels on wall for balance)
1b) 4×30 second L-sit on parallettes/ rings