2021 OPEN: Bluegrass Team Style Open
We are ready for some fun during the CrossFit Bluegrass Team Style Open 2021! This year it will be a 3-week team inspired competition with a theme and a charity for each week. After you register for the Bluegrass Team Style Open, you will be randomly placed on one of our Bluegrass teams and you can start earning points to help your team claim the coveted title of CFBG Team Open champs!
How do you I involved?
Step 1: Register for the CrossFit Bluegrass Team Style Open by March 8th HERE. Registration is $35 and includes a team shirt! This competition is about participation and having fun!
Email: [email protected] to be randomly selected for a Team!
Step 2: Be on the lookout for an email from your team captain!
Team Green – Captain: Coach Jordan
Team Black – Captain: Coach Dana
Team Purple – Captain: Coach Megan
Step 3: Come to Saturday morning workouts and HAVE FUN!
The CrossFit Open is 3 weeks long, each week CrossFit Bluegrass will host a Saturday morning Open workout with class times at 8:30am, 9:30am, & 10:30am. You will be asked to help judge as well as participate in the workout!
(Saturday Open workouts are free for all participants, CFBG members, or community CrossFitters wanting to participate in the OPEN. Even if you’re not registered for the CrossFit Open or Bluegrass Team Style Open you can still workout!)
Can’t make it on Saturday? No problem, just have someone from an opposing team judge that week’s workout at another time and record your score in Wodify!
Don’t know what the OPEN is?
The CrossFit Games Open is comprised of 3 workouts over 3 weeks, and will begin with 21.1 announced on March 11th. Open workouts are identified by their year and the order in which they appear. The workouts will be released every Thursday during the Open, and you can watch the live announcement of the workout that will be streamed on the CrossFit Games website. These workouts will have RX, scaled, masters, and teen divisions to choose from each week along with an equipment and non-equipment option. After the workout is released, any athlete who has registered for the Open will have until 5 p.m. on the following Monday to complete the workout and submit a score.
When is the CrossFit Open?
March 11th– March 29th, 2021
These workouts will be performed every Saturday morning at CrossFit Bluegrass.
21.1 – 03/12/2021
21.2 – 03/20/2021
21.3 – 03/26/21 & 03/27/2021
• Although registration for the Official CrossFit Open is not required to participate in the Bluegrass Team Style Open, you are welcome to officially register on the CrossFit Games site to see where you stand in the worldwide Open!
• Pre-register on Wodify for one of the 3 Saturday morning classes and each class will warm up together. Everyone will be partnered up with another athlete and one group will complete the workout while the other group judges then we’ll switch.
• ALL submissions for team points must be recorded in Wodify on Saturday’s workout with your judge name in the comments. *If a team member can not complete a workout on Saturday they may perform the workout during any open gym times before the due date. Workout results must still be recorded in Wodify under the Saturday workout to be eligible for the top spots and points for participation.
• All participants only receive one judged attempt.
• Each team has an appointed Team Captain that can help with game day strategy and tips!
• After the 3rd week, the winning team will receive bragging rights and the title of Bluegrass Team Style Open Champs! Coach Jordan’s Team Blue were the champs for the 2019 and Coach Tim’s Team Green won in 2020… who will take it home for the 2021 season??
Bluegrass Team Style Open Scoring
+5 Points for each member of a team that participates in the Saturday morning (or Friday Night Lights for week 3) workout as athlete, judge, spectator, or coach and checked in on Wodify or completes and records the OPEN workout for that week.
+3 Points – Top scaled athlete: each male and female member with the top score/best time in that week’s scaled workout earns an extra 3 points for their team.
+3 Points – Top RX Athlete: each male and female member with the top score/best time in that week’s RX workout earns an extra 3 points for their team.
+3 Points – Top Masters (40+): each male and female member with the top score/best time in that week’s Masters (40+) workout earns an extra 3 points for their team.
+1 Points each week for the dressing to match the weeks theme
+5 Points each week for the athlete that makes the best inspirational/funny Instagram or Facebook post about the Bluegrass Team Style Open (must hashtag #WeAreBluegrass and tag @cfbluegrass)
Spirit of the Open award:
Each week the CFBG coaches will choose a member that has inspired, motivated, and reflects the true character of “The Bluegrass Way” as the Spirit of the Open! This athlete will receive extra love and a fun prize!
Weekly Challenge Points
New for this Open, each week we want to bring awareness to a local charity or a non-profit that has impacted or changed someone in our community! You will earn your team an additional +1 point for participating in the below weekly challenges.
21.1 – 03/13/19 (Saturday morning) – FEAT of Louisville Week – Families for Effective Autism Treatment! Earn an extra +5 points for your team if you bring a friend to tryout a free CFBG class this week!
21.2 – 03/20/21 (Saturday morning) Hero Week – Dress up as your favorite superhero (i.e. spiderman, cat woman, nurse, doctor, police officer, or firefighter…) on Saturday and thank someone that serves our community during Week 2!
21.3- 03/26/21 (Friday Night) SPIRIT WEEK! Dress with your team color and come out for Friday Night Lights! We will complete the workouts on Friday night and you can bring your family to watch, cheer, and hangout as we celebrate the last week together.
Follow: cfbluegrass on instagram and Facebook