2020 OPEN: Bluegrass Team Style Open2020 OPEN: Bluegrass Team Style Open2020 OPEN: Bluegrass Team Style Open
The 2020 Open at CrossFit Bluegrass will be a 5-week team inspired competition. After you register for the Bluegrass Team Style Open, you will be randomly placed on one of our Bluegrass teams!
Throughout the Open, you will be working towards gaining points for your team.
This competition is chiefly about participation and having fun! (scroll down for scoring details)
How do you get involved?
Step 1: Register for the CrossFit Bluegrass Team Style Open by October 11th HERE. Registration is $40 and includes a team shirt!
Step 2: Be on the lookout for an email from your team captain!
Step 3: Come to Saturday morning workouts and HAVE FUN!
The CrossFit Open is 5 weeks long, each week CrossFit Bluegrass will host a Saturday morning Open workout with heat times from 9am-11am! (Saturday Open workouts are free for all participants, CFBG members, or community CrossFitters wanting to participate in the OPEN, even if not registered for the CrossFit Open or Bluegrass Team Style Open).
Don’t know what the OPEN is?
The Open is comprised of five workouts over five weeks, and will begin with 20.1. Open workouts are identified by their year and the order in which they appear. The workouts will be released every Thursday during the five weeks of the Open, and you can watch the live announcement of the workout that will be streamed on the CrossFit Games website. These workouts will have RX, scaled, masters, and teen divisions to choose from each week. After the workout is released, any athlete who has registered for the Open will have until 5 p.m. on the following Monday to complete the workout and submit a score.
When is the CrossFit Open?
These workouts will be performed every Saturday morning at CrossFit Bluegrass.
20.1 – 10/12/19
• Although registration for the Official CrossFit Open is not required to participate in the Bluegrass Team Style Open, you are welcome to register to see where you stand in the worldwide Open!
• Heat times for the Saturday workout can be scheduled in advance on Wodify. Heat registration will open each Friday morning. If not pre-registered for a heat, you can still participate on Saturday morning, but on a first come first serve basis in open time slots.
• ALL submissions for TEAM points must be recorded in Wodify on Saturday’s workout with your judge name in the comments (judge can not be a member of your team). *If a team member can not complete the OPEN workout on Saturday they may perform the workout during any open gym times before the due date. Workout results must still be recorded in Wodify under the Saturday workout to be eligible for the top spots and points for participation.
• All participants ONLY RECEIVE ONE JUDGED attempt.
• Each team has an appointed Team Captain that can help with game day strategy and tips!
• After the 5 week Open, the winning team will receive bragging rights and the title of Bluegrass Team Champs! Coach Jordan’s Team Blue were the champs for the 2019 Open earlier this year, so lets see if they can do it again in 2020 or if they’re just a one hit wonder!
Bluegrass Team Style Open Scoring
+1 Point for each member of a team that participates in the Saturday morning Heats (as athlete, judge, spectator, or coach and checked in on Wodify) or completes and records the OPEN workout for that week.
+3 Points – Top Scaled athlete: each male AND female member who has the best score Overall at CFBG in that week’s Scaled workout gets an extra 3 points for their team.
+3 Points – Top 3 RX: each male AND female member who places among the Top 3 Overall at CFBG in that week’s RX workout gets an extra 3 points for their team.
+3 Points – Top 3 Masters (40+): each male AND female member who places among the Top 3 Overall at CFBG in that week’s Masters (40+) workout gets an extra 3 points for their team.
+5 Points each week for the best team uniform
+5 Points each week for the athlete that makes the best inspirational/funny Instagram or Facebook post about the Bluegrass Team Style Open (must hashtag #BluegrassOpenTeam and tag @cfbluegrass)
Spirit of the OPEN award:
Each week the Team Captain will choose a member from their team that has inspired, motivated, and reflects the true character of “The Bluegrass Way” as the Spirit of the OPEN! This athlete will receive extra love and a fun prize to take home.
Weekly Challenge Points
New for this Open, each week we want to bring awareness to a local charity or a non-profit that has impacted or changed someone in our community! You will earn your team an additional +1 point for participating in the below weekly challenges.
The weeks are listed below:
20.1 – 10/12/19 – Breast Cancer Awareness – Wear Pink on Saturday and invite a friend to come tryout CFBG for Free during Week 1
Support the ACS: http://www.cancer.org/involved.html
20.2 – 10/19/19 – UP Center for Women and Children Drive – Bring in an item anytime during the Week 2
Support UP: www.uplouisville.org
20.3 – Hero Week – Dress up as your favorite superhero (i.e. spiderman, cat woman, police officer, firefighter, or Natalie Sword) on Saturday and thank someone that serves our community during Week 3.
20.4- Pit Bulls of St. Francis- Bring in an item to help those fostering rescued animals anytime during Week 4.
20.5- SPIRIT WEEK! Dress with your team color on Saturday, bring your family, and meet someone new at CFBG! We will celebrate the last week of the OPEN together!
Follow: cfbluegrass on instagram and Facebook