The 2019 Open at CrossFit Bluegrass will be a 5-week team inspired competition. After you register for the Bluegrass Team Style Open, you will be selected for one of four teams: Team Blue, Team Green, Team White, or Team Black each with a team Captain Coach Jordan, Coach Megan, Coach Morgan and Coach Tim. Throughout the Open, you will be working towards gaining points for your team.
This competition is chiefly about participation and having fun! (scroll down for scoring details)
How do you get involved?
Step 1: Register for the CrossFit Bluegrass Team Style Open by February 20th HERE. Registration is $30 and includes a team shirt!
Step 2: Be on the lookout for an email from your team captain!
Step 3: Come to Saturday morning workouts and HAVE FUN!
The CrossFit Open is 5 weeks long, beginning Thursday, February 21st and ending Monday, March 25th. Each week, CrossFit Bluegrass will host a Saturday morning Open workout with heat times from 9am-11am! (Saturday Open workouts are free for all participants, CFBG members, or community CrossFitters wanting to participate in the OPEN, even if not registered for the CrossFit Open or Bluegrass Team Style Open)
• Although registration for the Official CrossFit Open is not required to participate in the Bluegrass Team Style Open, you are welcome to register to see where you stand in the worldwide Open!
• Heat times for the Saturday workout can be scheduled in advance on Wodify. Heat registration will open each Friday. If not signed up for a heat, you can still participate on Saturday morning, but on a first come first serve basis in open time slots.
• ALL submissions for TEAM points must be recorded in Wodify on Saturday’s workout with your judge name in the comments (judge can not be a member of your team). *If a team member can not complete the OPEN workout on Saturday they may perform the workout during any open gym times before the due date. Workout results must still be recorded in Wodify under the Saturday workout.
• Each Team has an appointed Team Captain that they can ask reference to answer questions or get game day strategy tip!
• After the 5 week Open, the winning team will receive bragging rights and CFBG swag!
Bluegrass Team Style Open Scoring
+1 Point for each member of a team that participates in Saturday morning Heats (as athlete, judge, spectator, or coach and checked in on Wodify).
+3 Points – Top 5 Scaled: each male AND female member who places among the Top 5 Overall at CFBG in that week’s Scaled workout gets an extra 3 points for their team.
+3 Points – Top 5 RX: each male AND female member who places among the Top 5 Overall at CFBG in that week’s RX workout gets an extra 3 points for their team.
+3 Points – Top 5 Masters (35+): each male AND female member who places among the Top 5 Overall at CFBG in that week’s Masters (35+) workout gets an extra 3 points for their team.
+5 Points each week for the best team uniform
+5 Points each week for each team member that makes an inspirational/funny Instagram or Facebook post about the Bluegrass Team Style Open (must hashtag #BluegrassOpenTeam[your team color] +5 Points for the team with the athlete who receives the Spirit of the OPEN award that week
Weekly Challenge Points
TBA! Each week we will announce a new challenge that will allow your team to earn more points.